Saturday, December 1, 2007

SuN for some, SNoW for others

Karl is in Sunny (80 degree) Orlando, Florida. Konnie is just back from SuNNy MexIcO and spending 2 days in Heaven (Disneyland, yes I love it that much Jason!)

THiS is what the rest of the family woke up to......
It's really beautiful.... The dogs Loooooove it! The kids LOooveeee it! I have a cold today so I love it cause it gives me one more reason to stay inside.
During the winter time some of my favorite decorations are the good old fashioned hand cut snow flakes. Klarissa taught me how to make these 3-D ones this year. Soon the kitchen will be covered in all different kinds of snow flakes. We seem to keep adding them all through the winter season.
I haven't really been in the Christmas mood, but this has really helped! I dearly love the warm weather but I have to admit there is something magical about the snow! (at least for a day or two)

7 comments:

KarliSue said...

Okay I am going to have to try to make these snowflakes of yours! I really like them.

I agree with the snow for a day or two. The kids have had so much fun today out having snowball fights and building snowmen.

splinger moosebutt said...

Your attempt at a positive attitude about the snow is extremely annoying. Just say what you're really thinking--snow is here, it sucks, and it's gonna suck for several months. I'm sure this level of honesty will make you feel so much better.

Jason, as himself said...

I have to admit the snow is beautiful when it is new. But as soon as I have to deal with it (shovel it, scrape it, be cold in it, drive in it) then the beauty stops quite abruptly. I don't miss it.

So Heaven=Disneyland, huh? What is hell then?

Katrine said...

Those pictures are so beautiful! It makes me want to throw my kids in the car and start the long drive to see the snow!

splinger moosebutt said...

Hell is eating at a restaurant and suddenly losing your appetite when the kid at the next table explodes with projectile puke.

Lacking Productivity said...

I was going to say Hell is an eternal Wal-Mart parking lot, where you have to legally park and there are constantly spots opening up, but they are always one isle away so you can't get it or someone zooms in it before you can like that scene out of "fried green tomatoes"... but Splinger is right too.

I like your snowflakes mom! Cute cute cute...and GET WELL!

Paul said...

No hell is when you really have to go to the bathroom at 7am and your wife is doing her makeup in the only bathroom in the apartment.