Jason tagged me and my girls. I tag my boys, Beanie, Moosebutt, Mikey, Ash, Kelly and Karl.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, and you have to put ribbon and bows on it or it just is not Christmas to Kira.
2. Real tree or artificial? Taking the family and finding the perfect tree and cutting it down is my favorite, my husband would vote fake with prestrung lights.
3. When do you put up the tree? Between the Friday after Thanksgiving and the first few days of December.
4. When do you take the tree down? By January 1…….I’m like Jason and can’t wait to take the thing down and give the room a good vacuuming!
5. Do you like eggnog? Only Cream of Weber brand….but not any more after the Rocky Balboa comment.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Can’t think of any, Sorry
7. Do you have a nativity scene? We have a few….I’m only putting one up this year cause I’m afraid the doggies might eat them if they can reach them.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Everyone is older now so everyone is hard to buy for.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My self!
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can’t think of anything.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, but I am really bad at sending anything in the mail.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love Santa Claus is Coming' to Town. It reminds me of being little. My brother James loved the Heat-Miser, he would sing, “I’m Mister Heat Miser I’m Mister Sun… I think he secretly wished he was the heat miser I really love a whole bunch of Christmas movies!!! Can’t get enough.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas ? When ever I have money to do it , or see something I think the kids would like……nothing yet this year, no one will tell me what they want except a wii, ya right like that is going to happen, Have you tried to find one of those things. IT ISN’T GOING TO HAPPEN KIDS!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Only the neighbor gifts…never family ones.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas bread, Swedish Torte, Prime Rib, Potato topper on freshly baked potatoes……Now I’m hungry!
16. Clear lights or colored on the trees? Clear are my favorite. This year I found something different. They are strands of clear lights with just a few colored bulbs mixed in. I kinda like it.
17. Favorite Christmas song? To hard to pick a favorite…..Thurl Bailey (the basketball player) gave Kira a Christmas c.d. he made and the song “I just want to wish a merry Christmas to my baby” on it makes me think of Kira, but then again so does Wham’s “last Christmas” Mariah Carey’s “All I want for Christmas is you” reminds me of Klarissa. Cow Christmas reminds me of the boys. I guess some of my all time favorites are the old Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis and Bing Crosby stuff.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home!!!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel…..sweet Angie the Christmas tree angel on the top tippy, tippy, tippy top of the tree, all dressed up in star light and tinsel have a very, very merry, merry Christmas says she….yes she has a name and a song (I think the Andrew sisters sang that one).
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve (p.js) If the kids exchange presents with each other they open them on Christmas Eve also, the rest in the morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Shopping!
23. What I love most about Christmas? The real meaning! Family! and the lights!
3 comments:
Why does "All I Want for Christmas" remind you of Klaris?
Yum on the favorite foods...and I am super excited to see the REAL tree...it has been oh too long!
Sorry I ruined eggnog for you. I don't mind the taste, and I used to make home-made eggnog all the time when I was a kid. But, drinking raw eggs? That can't be good. And the way you can feel them sliding down your throat. . . no.
Although, I suppose the kind you buy at the store now has to be pasteurized, right? So then it would be safe to drink. But how do they pasteurize it without it turning into a solid? Hmmm?
Oh, boy. This is turning into a whole can of worms I hadn't foreseen. Maybe one of your readers has the answer. Moosebutt?
Skip the eggnog and go straight for the whiskey.
Post a Comment