
Okay so I've become attached to our family dog.....even though she causes me so much grief! I got her a Christmas present! I even hid it from her. She has the best sense of smell especially for things she can chew on or eat (which is everything). Yes I wrapped the present so she wouldn't feel left out (yes I'm crazy) when everyone else was opening presents. I thought we would have to unwrap the present and pull everything out of the tuff plastic packaging for her, boy was I wrong.....she smelt food and she started biting and tearing at the packaging. After some chasing around the house and struggling to open the jaws of death we were able to pull most of the plastic out of her mouth and replace it with the raw hide that was in the plastic to avoid her barfing it up later. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad when she eats things that won't pass through her (like rocks, ribbons, whole chicken legs that she has stole from off the table) that she barfs it up...it saves us in Vet bills, but I do hope she grows out of this eating up everything in site and sticks to the things that are truly eatable (excluding people) I love ya Scouty! Especially when you are asleep!
2 comments:
Scout is one lucky dog. Floppy didn't get anything, and I didn't feel guilty about that, either, because that's about what he's worth. I did give him lots of ham during the Christmas meal, though. But I always feed him scraps from the table. I guess I'm pretty dumb, too.
We have some sad news, our 13 year old golden, Molly, has mammory cancer. So we have been extra nice to her, but still didnt give her a present... but we yelled at her less this Christmas.
Post a Comment