Thursday, May 1, 2008

Freedom Festival


Kyler entered the Freedom Festival speech contest (The Freedom Festival is a big deal here in Utah). Ky said he would get 20 points of extra credit in a class at school for doing it, if you know Ky he can't pass up extra credit even if he is getting a A in the class.
We drove Ky down to Provo and listen to all the speeches and then waited so Ky could get the certificate of participation so he could show his teacher and receive the extra credit. They called the names of the 3rd place winner the 2nd place winner and then we heard Kyler's name.....I covered my mouth and gasped out loud! What he entered this thing for extra credit! CRAZY! Kyler is passionate about his country and I guess the judges could feel that in his speech.
He won some money, gets his picture in a bunch of things, rides a float in the 4th of July parade and has to speak in the Marriot Center in front of thousands of people and it's broadcast on local T.V. So Ky was it was it worth the 20 extra points??
I think he won because of the jacket he wore, he was going for the used car salesman look!

We really are proud of you Kyler! Congratulations!

9 comments:

Ashley said...

That is so exciting! Let me know when he is on TV I want to watch it. I miss ya!

Katrine said...

Way to go Kyler!

splinger moosebutt said...

Oh, little Kyler, all growed up and makin' speeches. My buttons are popping off my Mr. Roger's sweater, I'm so proud.

Lacking Productivity said...

Is he signing autographs? Man that thing is making him cauky.

Laura said...

that jacket freaking rocks!!! why to go dude!!

Paul said...

Kyler is one of those guys that doesnt try very hard and blows people away with his work. I hate watching those kids in school. Or maybe Kyler does try really hard?

Jason, as himself said...

Wow! That's amazing. Once again, the Ludwigs hit a home run.

Happy Gilmores said...

cauky? anyway, that is awesome Kyler!

Lacey Huhnke said...

I've decided that Kyler is the coolest kid alive.