I have to give a talk in Church on Sunday on the sacred role of Women. All I have been able to think about as I have been trying to write my talk is my Mom and what a great woman she was.My Mom (Sharon Sue) hasn't been with me since 1998, she died of ovarian cancer. I don't think I have mentioned her on my blog before (it makes me cry to talk about her). A day doesn't go by that I don't think about her and miss her.
Her whole life was about serving others and making them happy. She loved to cook for others and was really good at it (she was the best cook ever, along with her Mom and Grandma) You knew she loved you when she fed you.
She believed in the gospel and had a strong testimony she bore not always in words but in her actions. She was soft spoken and gentle but strong and held the family together. She was the hardest worker in the world. She kept a immaculate house but hated to organize closets.
I wish I could be half the women she was. I'm so thankful she's my Mom. I am so blessed to know I will see her again. For me she's the best mom in the world! Thanks Mom for all you sacrificed, for all you put up, for all you taught me and for the wonderful memories I have. I love you!
8 comments:
Why does the church do that? Mothers day should be just that. NO mother should have to speak on her day. How you describe your mother is how i would describe you if i had too. I know don't you that well, but from what i have seen and heard and the pounds Paul keeps packing on (hahahaha) you are an awesome cook. And look at Kira and you other girls, I think you are so much like your mother! good job. and Happy Mothers day to you!!
I do believe our mother's would have really liked each other! They were both wonderful women. Maybe they are best friends in heaven? Who knows?!
Awe. I've been thinking about Grandma lately. I rarely see pictures of her. It is always funny when I do, they really take me back to being with her. I love that you posted the glamor shot of her...I'm sure she appreciates it more than that hot one with the cigarette in her fingers.
If you are half the woman that your mom is than she must have been crazy amazing. And I wish I could have met her and ate her food, because your food is way delicious. What would of her's tasted like? I still miss my mom badly and think of her every day, but some how having you as my mom (in law) for the last year has eased the pain a little. Happy Mother's Day!
Awwww! Thanks for being a mom to Paul!
Now I know where all the Ludwig ladies get their looks from!!!
Mom,
You are everything Grandma was and more. You know how much I love and admire Grandma and I miss her so much also. But, you are so much like her!! So many of her attributes you have and carry with you daily. I also feel blessed to have been able to be apart of Grandma's life. She was a amazing example of service and generosity. Whenever I bring a meal into someone I think of her and how she would be proud of me. Mom all I'm trying to say is you are just as amazing as Grandma and just like you feel lucky to have her as a mom, I feel blessed to have you.
I agree with Laura that no mom should have to speak on Mother's Day. However, I'm glad that you did, because it was AWESOME! I stayed awake through the whole thing, which is a minor miracle.
BTW, I love everyone in your family, so I'm sure that I would have loved your mom, too. I wish I could have known her.
Hey I just realized something! Every time it was time to eat at your house and I was over your mom would tell me to go home. She never fed me... hmmmmmm. Just kidding. Your Mom IS the greatest! I know she secretly hoped we would have gotten married... sorry Karl.... I can't believe she has been gone that long. I still sure do love her.
Post a Comment