We have to send Christmas to Kohl early since he is in Canada and it takes packages longer to get there than across the ocean (crazy). I went to Dottie's house and she was getting Robbie's package ready to go to Mexico. She was putting everything in a Christmas sock she bought for him at missionary mall. I thought the idea was cute and thought I could make one at home (good thing I save everything). I asked Kevin if he had any white shirts that didn't fit him any more and he did (I'm sure it was one that was past down from Kohl to Ky to Kev) and he was happy to get it out of his closet. Kevin was Thomas Edison in a school play and I made him a bow tie out of a old tie of Karl's and I still had that and was able to recycle that for the second time into this mini missionary tie. The name tag was $1.50 at Deseret Book store and the black fabric cost $1.00 so for $2.50 plus a little elbow work I have a Christmas stocking for my missionary son (Dot paid $19.99 for hers) Thanks for letting me steal the idea Dottie and thanks for the help that Karl gave me.Friday, October 26, 2007
Christmas for Kohl!
We have to send Christmas to Kohl early since he is in Canada and it takes packages longer to get there than across the ocean (crazy). I went to Dottie's house and she was getting Robbie's package ready to go to Mexico. She was putting everything in a Christmas sock she bought for him at missionary mall. I thought the idea was cute and thought I could make one at home (good thing I save everything). I asked Kevin if he had any white shirts that didn't fit him any more and he did (I'm sure it was one that was past down from Kohl to Ky to Kev) and he was happy to get it out of his closet. Kevin was Thomas Edison in a school play and I made him a bow tie out of a old tie of Karl's and I still had that and was able to recycle that for the second time into this mini missionary tie. The name tag was $1.50 at Deseret Book store and the black fabric cost $1.00 so for $2.50 plus a little elbow work I have a Christmas stocking for my missionary son (Dot paid $19.99 for hers) Thanks for letting me steal the idea Dottie and thanks for the help that Karl gave me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
super cute! you are so clever and crafty. too bad you never taught me to sew so I can never do that.
That is so cute!! I wish I had one shred of talent. My boys are screwed when they get older. They are just to young to know any better now. You are so creative. Love yah
I love the sock!!!I think you should sell them!! Make some extra money for Christmas!!
Post a Comment