Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sleep.....a blessing

When I was younger I never thought much about sleeping. When you are a child it seems it is something your parents make you do when they are tired of putting up with you. When you get to be a teenager it seemed to be the way parents could punish you and keep you from having all that fun that happens late at night.
Since I became a parent sleep holds a whole different meaning for me. I've never felt the need for sleep more than after having a baby and being kept up night after night with a sleepless child. I am always amazed that you can survive through all the sleepless nights. I don't have the newborns around keeping me up anymore. But the older I get the more sleep I seem to need. You get older and a uninterrupted night of sleep continues to seem more and more precious. It seems to me now if every one received enough sleep the world would be a happier, healthier and more peaceful place.

"It's a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it"
-John Steinbeck

4 comments:

Katrine said...

I was always amazed when I saw people that could fall asleep anywhere at anytime. Sadly, I am now one of those people. In fact, I fell asleep in the car on the way to church after a rough night with the baby.

Laura said...

I am so with you!! I wish i would of slept more when i was younger. I am not even that old and I crave sleep. There will never be enough of it in the world.

Lacking Productivity said...

Sometimes I think that I am far too boring...I never do anything risky...then I remember that I speak to people when I am tired and hungry which is really high-risk behavior, and I feel like a cool rebelious person again.

Happy Gilmores said...

I hate when I wake up in the middle of the night and have to go to the bathroom. What a pain in the..... neck!