Okay when I was a kid I swore off certain music. My brother was a rebel and loved Alice Cooper, Ozzie Osborne, Iron butterfly etc. He would get all dressed up like Alice Cooper and go to his concerts. I remember when he went to the Alice Cooper "dead babies" concert, how could anyone go to a concert and think songs about dead babies could be entertainment. So I tended to stick with good old rock and roll and pop music. Well I guess I'm writting this blog as a confession.
Pauley who is cute as a button and quiet as a mouse listens to harder music than I would ever dream of. I'm not sure how much I like the music that either of my son-in-law's listen to, cause in my day listening to the kind of music they do must mean they do bad things ,like drugs and stuff (they don't though, they are both great guys). Pauley has "poisoned" me literaly. He brought over his Poison
CD and I love this song on it called "I never cry" what's worse about the whole thing is that it is a Alice Cooper song.
Ohmigoodness! I am a changed woman, I like some of the songs these creepy guys sing! (and No I don't do drugs).
Pauley who is cute as a button and quiet as a mouse listens to harder music than I would ever dream of. I'm not sure how much I like the music that either of my son-in-law's listen to, cause in my day listening to the kind of music they do must mean they do bad things ,like drugs and stuff (they don't though, they are both great guys). Pauley has "poisoned" me literaly. He brought over his Poison
CD and I love this song on it called "I never cry" what's worse about the whole thing is that it is a Alice Cooper song.
Ohmigoodness! I am a changed woman, I like some of the songs these creepy guys sing! (and No I don't do drugs).
6 comments:
You know how hilarious I think this whole conversation is mom...but I can totally understand it because I am the same way entirely. Sometimes people relate music to situations, I have cds, songs and people I can't tolerate because of what they represent to me or what they remind me of.
I just think it is interesting (because I didn't live your life and I didn't have the same experiences as you) how Ozzy is drug music when John Denver was working the "rocky mountain high" and dead baby music (which granted it totally disgusting) is vial but "young girl, get out of my mind, my love for you is way out of line" is somehow justifiable ;D
I love you mom. I'm glad you enjoy the cd...and I'm sure Paul would be thrilled to share much more creepy drugy music with you since he has been a metal head since like 2nd grade.
I totally love Poison! What a great glam rock band. My favorite song of theirs is "Talk Dirty to Me." You don't have to take drugs to appreciate the genius behind that little ditty. And what a great, wholesome message. Certainly a viable path to achieving world peace.
I think your right about achieving world peace with that message. Just think if all the world leaders dressed glam style, going to a drive-in together in their dad's cars and talked dirty to each other in the bushes.....hmmmmm, I think that youv'e hit the nail on the head with that idea. I love it!
Isn't it Karl's birthday? Happy Birthday!
Well, I knew it was only a matter of time. Paul has successfully corrupted his mother-in-law. Although I must say I'm a bit offended because whenever I used to start getting into some of the music Paul liked he'd get all nervous and mad and instantly stop listening to them. Just ask Paul about how he used to like Creed and then I did, too, so then he started hating them. Fer rude!
Paul's a sneaky little thing. First he successfully gained the trust of your daughter, now he has his mind corrupting music in your cd player. If you listen to "I never cry" backwards it says, "Give me all your money." "You want to give me your car with air conditioning." Yeah, he's cute as a button alright!
Post a Comment