Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Michael Ball, My Tom Jones!

When I was really young all the old ladies ( 30 and above) loved Tom Jones! I can remember my Aunt Shirley watching the Tom Jones show and just loving the way he sang and moved his hips....oh she thought he was so sexy! Some women (like my mom) denied that they loved Tom, when all the time they secretly wanted to be in the front row at one of his concerts handing a handkerchief to him to wipe his sweat on, and keeping it as a treasure forever! Oh, I thought this was so sick! Well, now that I'm a old lady I find I have my own Tom Jones! It is Michael Ball, Oh I could listen to him forever, his voice is like candy to me and yes I want to help my self! Oh sure this sounds sick to all you younger ladies out there, but just wait till you turn 40....who will your Tom Jones be???
I even like to listen to the old Tom Jones stuff now my self. Just like taste buds change as you get older the things you like to hear change to, I never thought I would be obsessed with easy listening music but the first time I heard Michael Ball sing, I was hooked!

3 comments:

Lacking Productivity said...

Mom, amen. I adore the guy ... even if it ages me 20 years to admit it!

splinger moosebutt said...

Michael Ball has nothing on Tom Jones. He lacks the tight bell-bottom pants, the gigantic belt buckle, the chest hair peaking through the unbuttoned shirt, the and the afro that made Tom Jones the man of every (older) woman's dream.

Happy Gilmores said...

Remember when I use to wear those aweful tight pants and the silky shirts that my dad bought for me? I thought I looked so cool at the Stake Youth Dances. Disco rocks! We had to much fun making up new dance moves and acting like the Disco King and Diva of the Long Beach East Stake.