
Aprons-Yes I own lots of aprons and use them too! I was so jealous when Kira went to France and brought back the cutest aprons, I thought for sure she would give one to me….but sadly she kept both of them for her self!
Baking— Yes I bake, I love to eat and can’t afford to go out and buy all the things I want to eat, so I bake them and I must say that everything taste better home made! I love those yummy lava cakes with raspberry sauce and vanilla ice cream!Clothesline- Yes I have and use a clothesline, one inside the laundry room and one out side. I will never hang underwear of any kind on it though. I know the neighbors would be checking them out and that would just be weird.
Donuts—Yes I make doughnuts, if you want to call them that! The kids love taking Pillsbury biscuits and smashing them down a little and cutting out a hole in the center, fr
ying them and dipping them into a cinnamon and sugar mixture. You guys all need to try them I can guarantee that you will love them. They are cheap, fast and yummy. I personally would rather have Katrine”s cinnamon rolls! Exercising- do you? and when?- Yes, but I’m answering this on a good week. Some people might not call what I do exercise but I do. I put in a DVD and sweat with Richard or Walk with Leslie, I’ve even walked with George Foreman.
Freezer-- Do you have a separate deep freezer? Oh my gosh are you kidding me. I ha
ve 2 fridges and one gianourmous deep freeze. (yes they are all full). Garbage Disposal—Yes! I don’t ever want to live with out one!!! When Karl was little they had a bathroom right off the kitchen and they would dump it into the toilet. I much prefer the convenience of the sink disposal all, and I mean dispos-all! I can’t tell you how many spoons and forks that thing has eaten and it still keeps on running.
Homemaking thing you do every day— I do make my bed everyday, and yell at the kids to make theirs (like that will ever happen)
Icing- of course I make my own! I hate store bought! Yuck!
Jars- Not usually, but I have been know to wash a plastic spoon or two.
Kill Spiders?—Yes, when Karl isn’t home to do the dirty work. Klarissa freaks out when she sees a spider….Oh my gosh once I thought she was dying cause she was screaming so loud, I found her in the bathroom with a tiny spider! I smashed the monster (the spider not Klarissa) with my bare hands and left the room. I was so mad at her cause she almost gave me a heart attack.
Letting house hold chores go?—More than I should! My mom was a clean freak, I wish I was!
Mopping- Yes I do mop. Sometimes I mop the kitchen two or three times a day, not because I want to but because I have a dog and kids that always track in stuff.
Nylons – I have to be honest with you if I ever stop going to church it will be because of nylons. I more than hate them, I think the devil himself invented them. I would love to have tan sexy legs like all you gals , but my legs are white and chunky like cottage cheese.
Oven—I don’t even know why they have windows! I wouldn’t want one without a window though, I think you can smell the stuff baking better with the window, go figure.
Pizza—I love them all!
Quiet—What’s that?
Recipe Card Box Y/N? I have so many recipes, I should have a box the size of a tuff shed to put them all in!
Tablecloths and napkins? Table cloths for holidays. I have some cloth napkins but rarely use them at the table (but the girls can fold a mean napkin, have Kira show you sometime) Always paper napkins!Under the kitchen sink-- organized or toxic wasteland – Yes it is a organized waste land.
Vacuum—Yes we have to vacuum everyday! Kids and dogs, there is always something to vacuum.
Wash-- how many loads of laundry do you do in a week? If I keep up with the laundry and it’s a average week….I would say at least 10 but more often more. (and that is with 3 of the kids gone) There are the weeks when it was worse…like when the kids were little and had the flu! Those are not fond memories! Some of my children like to hide their dirty clothes and when I say clean your room I get every article of clothing in the room, cause they don’t want to pick it up. It really irritates me when they come to the laundry room still folded from the load I put in the room the day before.
X's-- Do you keep a daily list of things to do and cross them off? Only for vacations, Christmas, shopping, and….. oh I guess I do keep lists, that is what happens when you get old and can’t remember anything anymore. I can’t go to the store to get milk with out a list or I will fo
rget it. Yard—who does it? Anyone I can threaten into doing it! Most of the time the boys or Karl! Ky is going to have a bad summer with Kohl on his mission cause he will have to mow it a lot more! They hate it so much because are yard is the largest in the neighborhood, we are on a corner lot with hills, swing sets, tampolines and all sorts of obsticles to mow around. When the girls were little the man across the street from us mowed his lawn in a speedo, black socks and dress shoes, it was kind of disturbing but we would always look out the widow to catch a peek (kinda like when you drive by a car wreak you have to look even if you know what you see isn't going to be pretty.
Zzz's--What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed? There are to many things to list…..just the things to maintain my youthful skin and smile take hours. Then you have to wait up for the kids to get home, and since Kira is gone someone has got to tell Karl to lock the doors.
So there it is….not exciting or funny! But that is my life and for the most part I love it!!

5 comments:
People who love me? what is that supposed to mean?You are the best homemaker in the whole world. I am sure of it. I think I was the only kid I knew who grew up thinking that Mac and Cheese was really hard to make because we rarely had it, everything was from scratch, even noodles.
That chocolate lava cake sounds divine! And I was feeling so good about myself because I'm making John chocolate crinkle cookies for Valentines Day.
And Kira says you are the best homemaker in the world! What a compliment coming from your daughter.
I won 3rd prize in our Death by Chocolate competition at work. It was the easiest recipe- nothing from scratch and I beat out all the homemade dishes. I made a chocolate chip pudding cake. One large box of chocolate fudge pudding (not instant), add 3 cups of milk, bring to boil, add one box of devils food cake mix to boiling pudding, pour into greased 9x13 pan and pour chocolate chips on top. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. That's it! and the judges freaked over it. I felt sorry for all those saps who spent three days making multi-layer cakes, truffels, and homemade chocolates. All it took was a few boxed ingredients thrown together to win a prize. Muahahahahahaha!
I can't believe that you make fun of me for my blogs' length. That had to be "way too many pages to read" pages long. As a side note, how did you change "Comments" to "People who love me?" I wanna make mine "Angry Comments" or something like that.
If it makes you feel better, I commented on your blog first, and I liked it so much that I pasted it into my blog. So you got the premier comment!!! p.s. Hope you had a great Anniversary !!!!
Post a Comment