Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Finally something blog worthy!


I've been waiting for something exciting to happen that would be blog worthy and well it happened! Klarissa (who is very afraid of spiders) was up stairs and heard something banging in the swamp cooler and she looked up and saw a BAT crawling out of the swamp cooler.........she started screaming "there's a bat up stairs, there's a bat up stairs!" then down swoops the bat flying back and forth through the kitchen and the living room. We had to act quickly! I directed the capture (and laughed), Karl watched the beast to be sure we knew its exact location and Kevin put Scout in the garage to keep her safe and out of the way, Klarissa continued screaming and crying (apparently she is more afraid of bats than spiders) and Kyler went and got our trusty insect net to capture the rabid bat. This all happened in a matter of just a couple minutes. Karl captured the bat into the net, it only escaped the net once then Karl re-captured it and released it safely out
into the wild! This was the most excitement this house has seen in years! My story telling does not do it justice, where is Katrine when you need her?she told the best cockroach story I have ever heard in my life!
After the ordeal was over Ky threatened to touch Klarissa with the net that was used to capture the bat, so the crying continued. Ky got such a kick out of it he went and got his video camera and held the net out towards Klarissa this time catching her crying on video! Don't you just love those older brothers? Just so you know the bat looked way more terrifying when it was flying, it had a wing span of at least 10 inches.

4 comments:

Katrine said...

I didn't even know they had bats in Utah! They have bats all over here, but thankfully they have never entered my home. That would be a very bad day!

Lacking Productivity said...

I would have died. I would have tried to scream, but nothing would come out, I would have tried to run, but couldn't move. Then I would just drop dead. How scarry.

Chlorine Addict said...

So that's what bit me when I went out last night... I feel weird... but... strangely powerful. Oh wait. That's just cause I'm Asian. Kyler, I hope you wore a paintball mask when you captured the monster.

Happy Gilmores said...

How very exciting! I hope something else becomes blog worthy soon since I enjoy reading what's going on with all y'all!