Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Great Kid Award


(Kev is the one in the red tie and peace sign, the peace sign was for Kira)

Well tonight we went to the 2007 GREAT KID AWARDS. Kevin was honored by the Provo-Orem chamber of Commerce for being a "Great Kid". They select a child from each elementary school in Provo and Orem. This is what they said about Kevin. "Kevin is a superb 6th grade student. He is always willing to help and is respectful to his classmates and teachers. He is happy and has an excellent attitude. Kevin is a friend to all students and goes the extra mile to make everyone feel welcome. He works to do his best in all school subjects and has an awesome work ethic. He likes to read, build, play volleyball and is interested in first aid. (I don't remember him being interested in first aid, that must be the merit badge he is working on)

They had Rob Morris speak (I guess he plays pro football and won the super bowl this year) and Chris Cannon (Congressman) and some BYU football player. They gave him a certificate and a signed football some T-shirts and other stuff (Best of all we got free cake at the end). I'm proud of Kevin, he is a great kid and it is nice that he can be recognized for just being good.....not being the most popular or the best jock or the smartest but just a all around nice guy! Let's hear it for the nice kids! Way to go Kev!



6 comments:

Happy Gilmores said...

Okay, I hope I can get this to work...but I can't let this one go and not comment. Way to go Kevin! We are so proud of you and so happy to see the "good guys" get recognized for once. Congratulations!!! Love, Aunt Page

Happy Gilmores said...

Oh, and not to forget the fantastic mother who is raising you to be this awesome human being...way to go Karie!!!! I LOVE YOU & MISS YOU TONS!!!!! Pg

Happy Gilmores said...

Okay, I hope I can get this to work...but I can't let this one go and not comment. Way to go Kevin! We are so proud of you and so happy to see the "good guys" get recognized for once. Congratulations!!! Love, Aunt Page

Happy Gilmores said...

oh wow, Page, highjacked my blog. What kind of cake was it? How come the kid behind Kev is not wearing a suit? Are all the LDS boys in suits only? Can he sell the football on ebay? So many questions! Good job Kev. If I get injured, I know who to ask for help from. Did you get the first aid merit badge yet? There I go with the questions again....
(This is from Mike, not Page,... now you get to see my picture 4 times on this comment page!)

Katrine said...

Way to go Kevin! That's terrific!

Lacking Productivity said...

Kevin looks like such a stud! It was so fun to see him get the recognition he deserves! He is so funny, nice, and incredible. I love spending time with him and hope he stays this great forever.