Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's been two years.........


......and boy have things changed!

Kohl is coming home the day after Thanksgiving, Yippy!!! We are all so excited to see him. Kohl mentioned that the family had changed so much since he has been gone......yes that is true! But the changes have all been for the better so I think he will be pleased with what he sees when he gets home.

This was the family the day Kohl went into the MTC (except for the grandparents)

This is the family now (Jeremy isn't in this picture either is Scout and Ranger)! We lost a son-in-law (no big loss) and gained two, Ken and Jeremy, Yippy! Lost Barbara (step grandma, again no big loss) and in that we gained a Grandpa back. Gained Desmond, great addition! We've gained another dog (Ranger, that is still up in the air if this is a good thing or not) Some lost weight, some gained (that would be me) some grew taller (Ky, Karston, Kiana, Kev, Klarissa, Desmond, Scout and Ranger) some got shorter (the grandparents). People have changed jobs, recieved more education. Some have longer hair, some have shorter hair, some shave. Kids have moved out of the house, people have new houses and apartments. I could go on and on about all the changes (no wonder Kohl is a little freaked out). I told Kohl he would be pleased with all the changes......I am!
I can't believe Kohl will be home in two weeks! I am very excited to welcome him home!
P.S. (this is to save the buns) I don't want to offend the wonderful neighbors that moved in while Kohl was on his mission....so yes we got new neighbors, who are just like family so Kohl will have to get to know 6 more peoples names and their dog floppy too.

11 comments:

Katrine said...

I love it when missionaries come home. It's the best day!

Chlorine Addict said...

Gained new neighbors. Don't forget that. You might offend my dad enough that he won't send buns over to your house anymore.

Ashley said...

That went by so fast. I am so happy for you and your family. I hope your thanksgiving it great. I love yah and miss yah.

dadokarl said...

I think that is Paul in the middle of the picture, not behind the camera.

Chlorine Addict said...

Comment rescinded.

Lacking Productivity said...

If it had been my choice, Romney and Barbara wouldn't have ever been in the family in the first place...I'm confident that all family members should be approved through me.

Happy Gilmores said...

Was Kohl on a mission? just kidding....

Only 19 more months for us!

Have a great reunion :)

Tiff said...

Kari, I have been bad and lurking around your blog to see what the Ludwig's have been up to. I am glad you are all doing so well. Next time I am in Orem, I need to come over for a visit. Have a great Thanksgiving with the revamped family. Tiff (Mandy's Sis)

Kelly said...

Love the comments about the retired fam members! How are you ? I have not heared from you in SO LONG! Hope you got the e mails i sent you of the baby!

Paul said...

Is it just a coincidence that so much happened while Kohl was gone or is will there always be that much change?

Happy Gilmores said...

Have a Happy Birthday

Then a Happy Turkey Day

Then a Happy Missionary Returns Home with Honor Day.....